Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thank you



Thank You

A great big thank you to all of those who said prayers, wrote letters, gave blessing through FB or personally or any other way, it was greatly appreciated and I really needed the helping words and I think you all helped me through this time. Thank you close friends, friends, acquaintances, and even those i harly knew or not even at all. Thank you for following my progress page and keeping up with Sarah as she tried at times to make light of each situation. Thank you to all that helped make my fund raising benefit a huge success and a lot of fun. I may have been super tired and weak but it was great seeing everyone showing their support. Emotions surely rose high that night. I didn’t even really mind being in the wheelchair. The community really gave me an awesome feeling on how seemingly everyone got together and showed all their kindness towards me and my family. Thank you R & D for hosting, serving food and serving many, many alcohol beverages.

I know I had asked for no visitors at the hospital(s) I was in because I was so sick I didn’t want people to see me the way I was. I had tubes going in and out of so many places and you could barely see my face, which was a scary sight in itself. It was difficult to communicate with anybody.  Later on when I was in Bethezda rehabbing I had 2 visitors, you know who you both are and I will always remember you both for coming to see me. Meant a great deal to me.

Thank you to my family; my parents, my brother and his wife who were all by my side more times than I can remember. It meant so much to me, standing by my side and helping any way possible, even if it was just to pretend that you knew what I was saying or at least trying to say! Thank you for keeping me company and helping with rehab or even using the bathroom.

Thank you to my in-laws, I know I was sleeping most times you visited but I know you were there, praying for me, comforting Sarah. Melissa, you did so much for the benefit with your busy schedule and did so much for Sarah during all of this time. It was all terrific.

Sarah. Thank you the most. Words can’t explain how amazing you were during all of this. 8, 9 months pregnant being there for me every day, every step of the way. I may not remember them, but I heard your words. You kept me going. You stayed sane. You gave birth to our baby without me by your side. You were unreal. Still are. Thank you. My rock.

Ryan and Scarlett. I’m here. And I’m not leaving. Love you both. Ryan, you are my big boy, understood daddy was sick and has been very mature through it all. He seemed to have grown so much since spring. So proud. Scarlett is my baby girl who hopefully won’t remember me not being there for her birth hahaha.

Thank you,
With love,
-Cheek

No comments:

Post a Comment